PROFILE OF Dr Williams Azuma Ijoma
Organisation pour l’Integrtion Africaine (OIA) is a pan-African organization whose goal is to foster oneness and promote integration among the people of Africa.
Conceived by her founding President Dr Williams Azuma Ijoma in 2011 who has sojourned in most African nations and concluded that Africans are one but are unfortunately divided. Having seen the challenges of African Union among which is the big gap between the subject and their leaders, Dr. Ijoma decided to create a continental association whose aim is to propel an integrated continent towards peace and development.
Organisation pour I’ntegration Africaine (OIA), a non-profit and non-governmental organization was first created in The Islamic Republic of Mauritania in 2011, and within a few months after its creation was able to mediate and stop a lethal clash between the government and the black Mauritanians. In the same year, though her efforts proved abortive, OIA intervened in the issues between Presidents Gbagbo and Ouatara of the Republic of Cote d’Ivoire.
For the reasons of expansion as well as integration, (OIA) shifted its office to the Republic of Togo in 2015.
The headquarters of the Association is presently based in Lome, Togo. It may be transferred to another city in Togo or any other nation in Africa by the decision of the General Assembly (GA).
- To create and promote ways and means for the effective integration of African people
- Prevent and resolve conflicts;
- Participate in the economic, social and cultural development of African countries;
- To promote African cultures through films, series, documentaries, seminars and workshops.
- To seek an adequate balance between public and private economic, social and cultural initiatives;
- To promote basic training programmes for underprivileged children;
- To promote peace, democracy and human rights;
- Fight against poverty, social injustice, endemic and pandemic diseases (HIV/AIDS, EBOLA, COVID 19 etc.);
- Strengthen diagnosis and group dynamics;
- Assisting refugees;
- Supporting local peasant initiatives;
- Enhance micro-finance;
- Develop agro-industry.
Since the inception of this movement, pan Africanists, journalists, men and women of good will, lovers of development, justice and peace have agreed and decided to join our association from different countries of Africa. Today, we can humbly say that Organisation pour I’ntegration (OIA) have more than twenty 20,000 members worldwide.